Act Socially (ACT-SOC) Kalamazoo, Inc is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, 1986, or the corresponding provision of any future federal law. Such purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Support the education of children and young adults through peer directed initiatives, tutoring, mentoring and liaison with the local educational community.
- Support job training for young adults and displaced workers through additional educational and job skills training.
- Support the health and wellness of the community through focus groups, seminars, health screenings and liaison with local health organizations.
- Support the development of low cost housing through the use of grants and governmental funding opportunities.
- Support local organizations, such as the Kalamazoo Metropolitan Branch NAACP, with fundraising assistance for their educational initiatives.